We are still a very verbal society. Even though the keyboard and mouse has been the default input for the online world, with the mobile evolution, every person now has a connected device in their pocket--the opportunity for voice search and other audio based online interaction is exploding.
While voice is nothing new as a computer interface, it doesn't seem like all the pieces were in place for success--until we saw Siri from Apple.
Siri has ushered in a new approach to using voice as a tool for not just searching, but actually interactig in real-time with your onlie world.
APIs will be the channel in which voice finds the data and information it needs to fulfill requests made by mobile and web users worldwide.
There are several platforms focusing on the world of API and voice. In this section I will be tracking on news and companies that are doing interesting things around API to Voice, while also sharing blog analysis as well.
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- An API Is Research And Development For Your Business Model
- Apply for Twilio Heroes: Soft Skills Developers Need to Succeed
- On Losing My Storytelling Voice
- StarHub launches Tropo API platform for voice and SMS
- Twilio and Parse Collaborate on New and Improved Cloud Code Module
- ALE 0.4.0 Release
- Cloud Elements Connects SendGrid and Twilio
- Sunlight Foundation: Accessibility in Congress for iOS
- London Calling: Twilions and DOers Springing Into A Busy Summer
- Introducing Alice: New Voice, New Languages and Improved Text-to-Speech Capabilities