We are still a very verbal society. Even though the keyboard and mouse has been the default input for the online world, with the mobile evolution, every person now has a connected device in their pocket--the opportunity for voice search and other audio based online interaction is exploding.
While voice is nothing new as a computer interface, it doesn't seem like all the pieces were in place for success--until we saw Siri from Apple.
Siri has ushered in a new approach to using voice as a tool for not just searching, but actually interactig in real-time with your onlie world.
APIs will be the channel in which voice finds the data and information it needs to fulfill requests made by mobile and web users worldwide.
There are several platforms focusing on the world of API and voice. In this section I will be tracking on news and companies that are doing interesting things around API to Voice, while also sharing blog analysis as well.
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- 6 Essentials for WebRTC Video and Voice App Dev
- Beyond Siri, Google Now and Cortana: What is the future of virtual assistants?
- The Schizophrenia of Hacker Storytelling
- Reworking My API 101 Content And First Up Is The 100K View
- The Expect Labs Blog
- Introducing API.Report, A Community API News Site
- Extract Knowledge From Audio And Video Using The Clarify API
- Building a Burning Man Ticket Notifier with Twilio SMS
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week
- Picturing the Future of Messaging: Twilio MMS Now Available on all US Numbers